Saturday, July 24, 2010

Fragrant Garden

Came around the end of the garden today and got a wonderful whiff of these lilies.  They're a perfect match for the tall pink monkshood that is still filling in.

Rescued my white bleeding heart (spectabilis) today.  Kelly found it growing a couple of leaves where I thought it had died (in the ring garden).  Moved it to the west side with my bluebird hydrangea.

First tiger lily opened today and the front garden is very colourful.  Art Deco dahlia are filling in nice along the wall.

I saw Carrie out last night with a flame thrower... big thing she was dragging around like she was vacuuming her driveway.  She's much more dedicated to pesticide free gardening than I am!  (On the other hand, I usually have them pulled before I have to take drastic measures.)

1 comment:

  1. oh, wow ! These are spectacular. I need bigger patches obviously. LOL !

    ReplyDelete