Thursday, June 3, 2010

New Azalea & Rhodo

Well it's been raining for a couple of days so we decided to see what was new at the garden centres.  Picked up dwarf asiatic yellow lilies 'Tiny Bee' for the front rock garden to replace the bluebeard.  I've been wanting a particular orange azalea for a few years now and was holding out - but an azalea exbury 'Fireball' had me drooling and I caved.
My other purchase was a miniature rhododendron impeditum - which I have been looking for since I got jealous of my neighbour's.  It's low and spreading - at 10 years it'll be about a foot tall, which is about 6 inches taller than it is now - perfect for my rock garden.  I'm moving my Japanese garden juniper to the back fence garden to make room for this among my heathers and heaths.  It's done blooming already but here is a picture in bloom.  Taken me this long to get my first rhodo and it'll probably be my last until we buy a bigger place.  (Well... there is another dwarf variety I've been looking out for :)

1 comment: